Economic Transformation of Black Citrus Growers Programme (JF8/1388)
The Citrus Growers Association (CGA) is implementing a development programme, aimed at supporting the transformation of the citrus industry in South Africa. The “Economic Transformation of Black Citrus Growers Programme” has been awarded funding by The Jobs Fund, and implementation will commence in April 2020. Cofounders to the programme include CGA levy funding, AgriSETA (skills development), The Land Bank and DAFF. The project aims to make available affordable funding for expansion, orchard rehabilitation and on-farm infrastructure development, by subsidising loan funding with a grant from The Jobs Fund, while also making available skills development funding.
The programme will be implemented across South Africa, with a specific focus on Limpopo Province, Mpumalanga, Eastern Cape, North West and KwaZulu-Natal. The expected number of additional jobs to be created through this fund is 1726. This will be comprised of 329 permanent and 1397 seasonal jobs. It is estimated that three seasonal jobs equate to 1 permanent job.
CGA is the lead partner on the programme, and has appointed Lima Rural Development as the Programme Manager. The Citrus Academy will provide skills training support, and the Grower Development Company (CGA-GDC) are the implementation partner to the programme.
Applications are now invited from Citrus Growers who meet the below criteria. You need to clearly demonstrate the jobs that will be created as a result of the funding you are requesting. Applications that have a higher return of Jobs created per rand invested will be favourable. The programme aims to fund applications to a maximum of a million through part grant and part loan funding.
How to Apply
Applications are made on this online platform, using a desktop computer or laptop, and not a mobile device. If you are experiencing any issues accessing the application form, consider using a different search browser e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Brave etc.
Once you have accessed the application form, you will be taken through a series of questions which you will need to complete as comprehensively as possible. You will be required to submit supporting documents and a business plan.
There is also a list of guiding documents on the online application platform, as well as optional templates to assist you. Please go through this list carefully. Please do not click submit until your application is complete, as you will lose your work.
You can get assistance at the local CGA-GDC offices, and from the programme team members listed below. Please note that any incomplete information or outstanding documentation will result in a disqualified application.
Please take note of the instructions below before accessing the online application form!
– Download the Uploads Document below, specific to your entity, to familiarise yourself with the documents you will be required to provide.
– Click on the yellow button below to register, and/or log into the website (with the details you used to register).
– On submission of your application form you will be redirected to a documents upload page for your specific entity.
– Click ‘Select Files’ to upload your documents, and use the checklist provided to mark off documents uploaded.
– Should you want to revisit your uploads page at a later date, click on the ‘Email Uploads Link’ button below the checklist.
– A link will be emailed to the email address you used to register. Use this link to access your uploads page in the future.
- Download the Information Pack which includes the application criteria (what and who is funded).
On submission of the online application form, you will be required to upload documents, including certified documents. Download the Uploads Document below specific to your entity, to ensure you supply the required documents. Please ensure that once uploaded, you use the checklist provided to indicate you have successfully submitted all required documents.
- Download the Uploads Document – Individual(s)
- Download the Uploads Document – Unlisted South African Company
- Download the Uploads Document – Close Corporation
- Download the Uploads Document – Cooperative
- Download the Uploads Document – Trust
- Download the Uploads Document – Partnership
- Download the Exclusion List Form *
- Download the Declaration Form *
- Download the Authorisation for Credit Check Form *
- Download the Business Proposal Template *
- Download the CV Template *
- Download the Financial Projections Template *
- Download the Employees List Template *
Should you have any queries or require assistance in completing the online application form, please do not hesitate to contact the Grower Development Company (CGA-GDC), Lima Rural Development Foundation or Citrus Academy. Contact details are listed below.
The CGA-GDC interacts with and cooperates with all appropriate stakeholders to achieve mutually agreed goals.